PG Diploma in Yogic Science:
Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga is a one year with six months mandatory internship program for preparing expert Yoga Therapy Instructors serving as paramedical personal in hospitals, nursing homes under the guidance of doctors. The course aims at adopting integral approach to cure ailments of stress-related health problems, rehabilitation, invoke scientific attitude and team spirit to channelize their energies in to creative and constructive endeavours. The innovative curriculum of the program will bring all round personality development of the students at all levels and train them in yoga therapy field. After the completion of the program, students can either join Hospitals, Spa, wellness centres or can establish yoga Therapy Centres to provide yoga training to common man.
Graduation in science stream from recognized university/institution. In addition, candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and a personal interview.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Students will demonstrate advance knowledge of yoga science imbibe with the ideals of professionalism, effective communication skills and attributes.
- Students will be skillful in various yoga techniques to provide holistic healthcare relief to the society.
- Students will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- Students will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of yogic science with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- Students will be able to establish yoga therapy centers from the skills inherited during the programme in the service of common man.
- Students will be involved in life-long learning and professional development through self – study, continuing education and higherstudies.
On successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
Apply advanced level knowledge and skills in the field of yoga science and research
Demonstrate effective planning abilities in yoga therapeutics to meet the healthcare needs of the society
Integrate different yogic paths for complementing healthcare treatments against various disorders.
Understand the application of modern tools for providing synergistic yogic relief to diverse communities.
Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a healthcare team.
Disseminate values of performing yogic kriyas in a perfect manner for wellbeing of the society.
Apply ethical principles in prescribing yoga therapy for various healthcare problems.
Communicate effectively about importance of yogic treatments with diverse sections of community
Assess health related societal issues to for improvement of professional yogic practices.
Understand the impact of yoga therapies in societal and environmental contexts.
Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuous education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, dissemination of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, basic and advance research on yoga based treatments, state-of-the-art yoga practice facilities, interaction with yogic organizations of repute.
Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology, Learning of ancient literature on yoga; Basic principles of yoga and naturotherapy, application of yoga, naturotherapy principles in clinical practices, yoga teaching methods.
Career Aspects and Job Opportunities:
With the rise in reputation of holistic and alternative medical care yoga has emerged as a career of choice. After the successful completion PG Diploma in Yoga Science, students can pursue their career as yoga instructor in Hospitals, Spa, WellnessCentres. They can also serve various social, educational and industrial institutions yoga teacher/researcher. Students of this programme can also opt for opening their own yoga therapy centers.