Bachelor of Education (B.Ed):
Bachelors of Education, popularly referred as B.Ed., is a two-year full-time degree course that is essential for candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and other related fields. Few colleges even offer this course as distance learning or correspondence which too is of 2 years. Students in the B.Ed. course are given professional training in both art and science subjects from the teaching point of view.
B.Ed is mandatory for all those who want to teach in primary and secondary schools. National Council for Teacher Education is a statutory body which delegates and regulates programmes in teaching across the country.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Qualification Required: Bachelors degree in any relevant field like B.A., B.Sc or B.Com from any recognized institute/ university.
- Minimum Marks Required (Aggregate) Required: 50% to 70%, varies from college to college.
- Note: It is mandatory to present all necessary original, marksheets, and certificates at the time of admission.
B.Ed Admission Process:
- Admission to the B.Ed programme is on the basis of entrance exam.
- Various state and private universities conduct their own entrance exam.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
B.Ed is one of the most popular and widely accepted programmes. Since education sector in India is blessed with a great number of job opportunities, after pursuing B.Ed one can work in schools, coaching centres, education consultancies, home and private tuition, publishing houses and others.
The salary package of a teacher may vary from school to school and whether its a government or a private school. The starting salary of a teacher lies somewhere between Rs. 2 lakh to 3. lakh annually. Whereas a high school teacher with years of experience can earn up to Rs. 10 lakh annually.
Candidates who wish to get into research can also pursue M.Ed, M.Phil and P.H.D. which will not only fetch you a reputed job but also great salary packages.